The exterior of the building depends on the development of construction technologies. Thanks to them, courageous ideas can be embodied, and the facades are a real decoration of the district, city. Particular attention in the architectural design of buildings is given to aesthetics, therefore, in matters of choice of materials, color preferences; it is worth being guided by the style features of the street, district. In recent years, ventilated facades have been recognized as the most popular and most demanded material for elevating of buildings
What is it?
Ventilated facade – a system for cladding of buildings, which is fixed on the outside of the building with special fasteners. It consists of the following layers:
- Framework with fasteners. Consists of rivets, bolts, etc.
- Insulation layer.
- Airspace or ventilation gap with a thickness of 40 mm or more. Ventilation grilles are installed for air circulation, which helps to prevent foreign objects from entering the structure.
Ventilatied facade advantages
- Good noise and heat insulation qualities
- Used for facing of all types of buildings.
- Help to save on heating
- A wide range of materials excellent in price, strength and other characteristics.
- Quick installation
- Easy to care
- Service life – 50 years.
Types of ventilated facades
- Porcelain tile. The peculiarity of this product is in durability and reliability. For its manufacture, 2 types of clay are used, and the process itself resembles the production of porcelain.
- Composite panels. They consist of aluminum sheets and a special layer. The advantages of products are flexibility and lightness. They are used for facing of complex architectural buildings.
- Agglomerate tiles. It is a material, which consists of cement mortar and stone chippings. Its peculiarities are fire resistance and strength. The disadvantage of this material is the large weight.
- Terracotta ceramics or burnt clay. This material is not afraid of moisture or temperature difference. Terracotta looks like a natural stone. It is perfect for cladding luxury buildings.
- Fiber cement slabs - a budgetary way of facing of buildings. They consist of cement, reinforcing fibers, special fillers, which endow them with excellent thermal and noise insulation properties. The main disadvantage of the product is its low impact resistance.
- Linear panels are products made of thin metal that “hide” inside the structure.
- Glass panels. They look very impressive. Most often, glass has impact-resistant properties; it can be transparent or colored.
- HPL panels are recognized as the most popular and expensive material for facing. They are made by pressing of wood and paper, followed by impregnation with resins. Thanks to this technology, the risk of delamination of the material is minimal. In addition, HPL panels have a wide palette and do not fade in the sun.
The cost of the ventilated facade consists of numerous nuances:
- The presence of additional heating, lighting
- Installation difficulties.
Despite the choice of products, the main thing is to follow the installation rules of the ventilation facade; otherwise, its advantages may turn into disadvantages. For example, with illiterate fastening, a whistle of the wind can be heard; anticorrosion treatment can be reduced, etc.
Since the cost of ventilated facades is considerable, then saving on installation is completely impractical. Otherwise, the service life of the material will be significantly reduced, and this is an additional financial cost.